taradogblog

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Tara 1, Cat a big fat zero!

What an exciting end to the day! The one-with-the-beard has just sent me out into the garden saying that there was a cat - and there it was, black as anything right at the bottom of the garden next to the willow tree. Well, i don't think i've run that fast for that long in a long while but i had the satisfaction of seeing it go right up the top of the tree - and there it sits, a big black blob. I did a victory patrol and then made sure there were no cows hanging over the fence (now that would be good if i could scare one of them up the tree) before coming back in to the accolades (and a biscuit from the-one-who-doesn't-often-give-me biscuits.......maybe he's actually a soft touch like the rest of them after all).
I've been in the garden for most of the evening, throwing balls for the one-who-feeds-me to chase and bring back as well as making some lovely perforations with my teeth in a boomerang. I even brought the-one-who-spends-alot-of-time-digging a small bottle of water when she asked, though i got fed up of carrying it before i got to her and tried to chew it instead.
So i'm worn out now and am going to lie on the hearth rug (and hope they put that lovely fire on so my coat gets too hot to touch - always amuses them) and reenact the whole thing in my dreams......but first i think i'll do another patrol just in case the cat gets any ideas about coming down - a few short barks should put paid to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home