taradogblog

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Tara 0 Rottweiler 0 (play abandoned)

Back at the holiday home - not really sure what's going on but i was transported in style in the newvolvo to the place where the-ones-who-have-a-swimming-pool pick me up. Mum says that i've got to get used to something called a passat (is that a sort of cat? or can i eat it? is that what she's swapping the Boss for?) in future. Anyway got a bit confused (not that i'd admit it at the time) when i got to the holiday home and went looking for the-one-who-feeds-me (found the one-with-a-beard-who-doesn't-feed-me, but not interetsed in him) and then remembered that he'd been in the volvo with me all the time, but if found a slipper to greet him with anyway.
I've got this alarm thing really off to a fine art now - 05:55 is the time i think the one-who-needs-to-feed-me-more-and-more-often should get up so went into his room (or rather, my room that i allow him to use), did a couple of sharp barks then a few economy barks until he got up (or rather down from that platform thing he sleeps on - i just can't reach up there to give him a leg-lick to wake him up).
About half way through this morning i was pestering as they hadn't taken me for a walk (what's the point in getting them up bright and early if they don't get their act together to take me out!) but they kept saying wait till Homer gets here - well at that point i didn't know what a homer was so i just kept pestering. (repeated stretching didn't work, nor did giving them the evil eye, nor did sitting by the front door and looking pointedly at the coat rack). A huge four-by-four-pickup-truck-thing pulled onto the drive and a rather nice lady got out of the cab - what i didn't notice at first when i went out to greet her was the THING in the pick up looking down at me. Really didn't know what it was but it was HUGE and came bounding towards me not wagging its tail (i found out later that it didn't have one) so i thought it best to get as close to the ground as possible just in case it hadn't had its breakfast. When we went for a walk i thought it best to concentrate my stick and totally ignore the homer till i realised that it was scared of water (homers obviously can't swim. Haha- a flaw!) and didn't really like sticks either. But it did have its good points - it wanted to be friendly, it found my squeeky toy very exciting and best of all (i'm quite envious of this) when it sat down it could see over the top of the table....maybe i could grow into a homer. I didn't get a chance for a sleep till this afternoon.
Just too much excitement for one day - hope there are no more homers coming tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, 16 April, 2006, Blogger Stuart said...

Dear the-one-who-feeds-me,
Staying with people who take me for long walks in the New Forest. Ate loads of Easter chocolate (for breakfast!) but didn't see any bunnies in the forest. Lots of swimming, including some duck-bothering and swan-avoiding (they can be very vicious, you know). Also saw two of those very strange dogs without tails (on leads, this time, thank goodness). My blog is really good and impressed the hosts (Stuart-and-Sue, whose blog details I have borrowed). See you soon, T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home