taradogblog

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tara 0, Heffers 65 at the last count

What a day! First of all the one-who-feeds-me cleared off (after my breakfast, thank goodness), then the one-who-chauffeurs-me cleared off leaving me with the Bearded-One-who-i-ignore for the day! Is it something i've done? (comment from the one-who-feeds-her; yes Tara, it's those awful smells and accompanying noises you have been making all evening!). Every time the door opened i tried a different 'dance' - the crocodile dance, the bone dance, the what's-on-the grass-under-the-birdtable dance and the mistake-the-collared-dove-for-a-cat dance......and still the one-who-feeds-me hadn't come home. But eventually he did and off we went for a walk....quelle horreur! (well, Labrador is french-speaking, after all)....black and white frisky things in my field! I tried the tactic of running towards them but the one-who-was-out-all-day-but-also-feeds-me stopped me and put me on the lead, but then the black and white frisky things decided to come towards me and i didn't like that (i was a bit frykulled) so i did my hyena impression and growled and barked but that didn't seem to work so i decided i'd go into reverse and not go any further (even for a swim!). The one-who-had-to-rescue-me wasn't amused...but i got my own back by adding to the greenhouse gasses this evening (having salvaged something from the situation by hoovering up some tasty green sloppy stuff on the way back across the field..yummeeeeeeeee!).
Never mind, the salami, bread and apple for tea (it pays to be vigilent!) was delicious so i think i'll stay here for a bit and see if i can do to the black and white frisky things what i did to the homer last week......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home